- Use a unique username and password. Don’t use your real name and be sure you come up with a strong password. Save this infos and dont give it to any other members of the site.
- Always look for a site which starts with https:// for safe and secure transactions online
- Never, ever share your bank details with anyone. Your bank will never ask you for your account number, PIN or password over email.
- Never keep the same passwords for your various online accounts. It’s a good idea to have different passwords for your emails, bank log-ins and social media accounts. It may seem like an added burden, but it can make a big difference to the security of your profiles.
- Use an extra email address if you’re not comfortable using your personal one.
- For your own online safety please DO NOT post your contact information (skype, kik, email, phone number, etc) publicly.
Unfortunately there is phishing scams online gathering this information and using it to collect information about you.
Once they have this information you may receive fake emails from people claiming to be our site.
DO NOT FOLLOW ANY LINKS IN THESE EMAILS or ENTER YOUR LOG IN DETAILS INTO ANOTHER WEBSITE.
Check the email address you receive messages from (we NEVER send from a Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook or other similar public domains). Check the website if you choose to follow a link, if it is anything but the site you signed up for. PLEASE IGNORE and REPORT.
- Never give your bank card number and password to someone just because they asked for it. Don’t share your password with anyone inside or outside of these sites.
- Don’t store your member name and password in a Password Manager, as anyone who has access to that computer will be able to use the information stored. Only use a Password Manager if is it is your own personal computer, and no one else is able to use it.
- You should never put your personal contact information in your public profile, as everyone will have access to it. Once you feel comfortable with another member, you can always choose to pass along your contact information.
- It always knows best. Your instincts are the most accurate indicator when it comes to talking or meeting someone, and you should never ignore them. The moment you begin to feel unsure or unsafe about another user on this site, end communication with them immediately.
- The best way to verify someone’s identity is on Video Chat. Insist on seeing current photos when contacting other members, and remember to give others the same.
- Dates are supposed to be fun. If you choose to meet someone you’ve met online for a date, make it at a public place, like a coffee shop or a restaurant. Arrange to meet them there, not at your place, and always carry a cell phone in case of an emergency.